Inclement Weather Alert - During inclement weather, check here for NGRESA's operating status.
Presented by Dr. Paul Baker.
This training is a part of the North Georgia RESA Intensive Behavior Health Series (IBHS) series.
Target audience: This comprehensive training is designed for administrators, teachers, paraprofessional, counselors, school psychologists, behavior specialists and other personnel at all levels who work directly with students.
Description: This training will provide an introduction to the Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI) method of therapeutic dialogue with challenging students. It is highly recommended that participants have completed The PersonBrain Model and/or Conflict in the Classroom training but not required.
Essential training elements will include:
• How to carry out all six of the LSCI Interventions to bring about long-term behavioral changes in young people. In addition to the Red Flag and Reality Rub interventions, participants will learn:
• How to help young people who have the right intentions but lack the social skills to be successful
• How to help young people who are purposefully aggressive with little conscience
• How to help young people who act in impulsive ways due to feelings of shame and inadequacy
• How to help young people who become entangled in destructive peer relationships
The training is a competency-based training offering advanced professional skills. Teachers, special educators, school administrators, social workers, counselors, administrators, psychologists, and any professionals in direct contact with troubled students will gain from the advanced intervention skills offered in this course. It is particularly useful when team members are trained together.
• Instructor-led teaching and modeling of intervention skills
• Real-life video sequences
• Structured and small group activities
• Realistic simulation activities
This training provides skills needed implement support along PBIS Tier’s I, II and III.
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisites are required It is highly recommended that participants have completed The PersonBrain Model and/or Conflict in the Classroom training but not required.
Cost: Training cost is $40 for North Georgia RESA members $80.00 for all others. The fee will cover the cost of materials. Light refreshments will be served. Lunch each day will be on-your-own. You may register by paying online or pay by purchase order.
|Event Date||10-26-2017 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-26-2017 3:00 pm|
|Location||North Georgia RESA|
Click HERE for the consolidated RESA System Calendar. This Calendar includes important dates for NGRESA and member systems. It includes holidays, breaks, planning days, and other dates.
System dates were accurate at the time of creation but are subject to change. Please consult each system's official calendar for the most up to date information.