NGRESA's offices will be closed Monday 3/25/19 - Wednesday 3/27/19 to host an offsite event .
Induction (IN4T Certificate) An applicant must have two full years left on their IN4T certificate to be approved for the program (or one year and a letter from the system indicating that a Waiver will be requested)
Provide North Georgia RESA with a completed application packet
1) DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND DISPOSITIONS: The program shall require the demonstration of competencies in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required for accomplished teaching.
3) Classroom Observations with Pre/Post-Conferences with Candidate Support Team (North Georgia RESA supervisor, School administrator, School Based Mentor)
4) Individual Induction Plan
5) Transcripts for completion of all Georgia Special Requirements courses
6) 80 hour course: The Essentials of Effective Teaching - Summer 2017: $600 course fee (All fees are the responsibility of the candidate) Required the summer prior to full program admittance
7) 100-150 Hours: Field-based, Individualized Coaching/Mentoring
1) EdTPA (to be completed during the third semester)
2) Observations by RESA assigned Supervisor scored at the Proficient performance level
3) E-portfolio based on Danielson's Frameworks scored at the Proficient performance level
4) Disposition rubrics scored at the Proficient level
5) Learning segments scored at the "meets" level
6) Completed appropriate Advisement Sheet
2 Years, August through June
See our Dates & Fees page for more details.
All fees are subject to change based on enrollment and are non-refundable
All fees are the responsibility of the candidate
The system submits the official transcripts and request for a Clear-Renewable certificate to the Professional Standards Commission.
North Georgia RESA is NOT able to guarantee applicants who have completed the eligibility requirements a position in schools. The process for selecting potential candidates for GA TAPP is applicable to the NORTH GEORGIA RESA AREA SERVICE ONLY.
Essentials of Teaching (total of 80 hours of instruction)
Face to Face 9:00 to 4:00
July 8,9,10,11,12 (Mon – Fri) 2019
July 22 (Mon) 2019
Additional dates to be determined
Online dates to be determined.
Completion of modules
*Dates are mandatory for successful completion of the program.
Before you are accepted into the program, a total of $1725 must be received by NGRESA. This amount includes:
Application Fee: $75 non refundable
the Essentials of Effective Teaching: $650
First year tuition down payment: $1000
By September 1, 2019 an additional $2250 (in RESA) or $3250 (out of RESA) must be received to pay for the first year of tuition.
The second year of tuition must be paid by September 1, 2020. This tuition fee is $2250 (in RESA) or $3250 (out of RESA).
These fees are for tuition that is paid to NGRESA only. Tuition cost are outlined below:
Essentials of Effective Teaching
Two Year Program- This cost includes tuition, books, supervisor and mentor fees
GA TAPP (If you work within our RESA District)
Down Payment: $1000
Year one: $2250.00
Year two: $2250.00
GA TAPP (If you work out of our RESA District or at an accredited private school)
Down Payment: $1000
Year one: $3250.00
Year two: $3250.00
-HB671: PSC Required coursework: $350.00
-Teaching of Reading Across the Curriculum: $350
-Nature and Needs $350.00 (Middle School Only)
-GACE Educator Ethics Program Admission 350: Fees set by ETS
-GACE Educator Ethics Exit 360: Fees set by ETS
-edTPA Submission Fee: $300.00- must be paid third semester when submitting the edTPA portfolio.
Additional Semester (if Needed)
Out of RESA
*Fees for the Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy are evaluated annually and subject to change. Potential and current candidates are to visit the North Georgia RESA web site for current program fees.
For GaTAPP, we accept payment via the following methods only:
Make the money order or cashier's check payable to North Georgia RESA
*All fees are the responsibility of the candidate.
**All fees are subject to change based on enrollment and are non-refundable.
North Georgia RESA is NOT able to guarantee anyone a position in schools. The North Georgia RESA program supports area school systems having a way to certify teachers that they hire through an alternative certification. North Georgia RESA is NOT an employment agency, will not and cannot help an individual with employment. We recommend that a person seeking employment stay current with the postings on https://www.teachgeorgia.org/ or on the individual school district websites.
The process for selecting potential Candidates for North Georgia RESA GaTAPP is specifically designed for the NORTH GEORGIA RESA AREA ONLY. Applicants will not find the specific requirements listed on any other website including the PSC site. Most GaTAPP programs have specific requirements unique to their program.
1. If you do not believe you have these dispositions (qualities), stop here. The teacher-candidate’s dispositions to teach students at the grade level and in the field of interest is critical;
2. If you believe that you do possess these dispositions, please continue to Step 2.
You will need to complete the application process with North Georgia RESA.
Click HERE for the consolidated RESA System Calendar. This Calendar includes important dates for NGRESA and member systems. It includes holidays, breaks, planning days, and other dates.
System dates were accurate at the time of creation but are subject to change. Please consult each system's official calendar for the most up to date information.
TAG-Ed is dedicated to strengthening Georgia's future workforce by uniting Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) resources with leading education initiatives while emphasizing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). TAG-Ed works to elevate the quality and effectiveness of Georgia’s schools in order to produce more students pursuing STEM specific majors in institutions of higher education and ultimately STEM-related careers.